A Country In Crisis: Finding God’s Solutions
Our country is in crisis, on that everyone of every faith and political persuasion can agree…. God has solutions. The Church must recover our sight and return to God as our Source.(4 CDs)
Our country is in crisis, on that everyone of every faith and political persuasion can agree. Our country is consumed with moral decay. Taxes are sky-rocketing beyond any reasonable bounds. While all across the country middle-Americans lost their homes, CEOs of those mortgage or banking companies still got multi-million dollar bonuses as part of the more than 700 billion dollar bail-out paid for by the very people who lost their homes. Politicians are being indicted and jailed for every conceivable crime. And despite our greatest political effort nothing is turning the tide!
While everyone fights for their political party we seem to overlook the obvious. It has mattered little which party was in office, we always have corruption; neither party has stopped us from the descent into destitution. The Church seems to have unintentionally shifted its hope for the future of our country from our biblical mission to a political effort. Thousands of years ago God warned of governmental abuse. He told the prophet, Samuel, that the nation placing their hope in a king was tantamount to the rejection of God!
God has solutions. The Church must recover our sight and return to God as our Source. In this fantastic four-message series your eyes will be open to some incredible biblical realities:
- Commitment to a political party is a work of the flesh.
- No political party has all the answers.
- Every political party and president since Jimmy Carter has contributed to the current economic downfall.
- Every political party is working America toward a “New World Order.”
- The Kingdom of God is more powerful than any political power.
- God’s plan promotes peace and harmony among men. A political agenda always promotes strife, excess, and chaos.
- The most sweeping human rights reform was brought about by the Church, not the government.
- Good laws cannot make good government.
- The Church is always the best or worst influence on government reform.
- Attempting righteousness through legislation gives rise to more sin and corruption.
- You have more power than any political figure.
We can change our country and our world but we cannot do it by political means. Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight.” (John 18:36)